Tuesday, July 26, 2005

New Music Tuesday - Si*Sé

I was turned on to this, my second favorite disc for my "Summer of '05 Soundtrack" by Tin-Ten, and I am so very glad that she sent it my way.

It did take some work to locate a copy of the disc, however, so be prepared if you are so inclined to purchase it, which I highly recommend. Yes, Si*Sé and Camiel, and you should be all set for the summer.

The disc is a great blend of Latin rhythms, chilled out with some threads of soul and electronica, plus the group features a viola player. That makes them too cool right there. And Carol C has a great voice.

The pick of the litter as far as the tracks go would have to be Bizcocho Amargo, then Slip Away, Aire and My Sol.

Here's a happy little coincidence that I enjoyed as well : a quote from their press:

Listening to their music is like walking through the streets of New York, urban and full of culture.

Which puts me in mind of Manhattan Transfer's Walking In New York.

No comments: