Sunday, July 10, 2005

Yet Another Moive Coincidence

I've been meaning to watch Laurel Canyon for some time. A woman record producer, played by the wonderful Frances McDormand. What else does one need to know?

Well, the opening credits start, and who is in this film but Mr. Batman himself, Christian Bale. Freaky.

Well, the movie as a movie was just ok. But I really loved McDormand's character, and she was very attractive in a dangerous way. She actually reminded me in many ways of my guitar playin' TunaMusic friend. Yes. Very interesting.

And though they claim the ingenue is Kate Beckinsale, who adored in Cold Comfort Farm, I find it hard to believe it is the same gal...although in linking up this post, (ha, she was Flora Poste in CCF - how I amuse myself) I see she was in Van Helsing, one of the very worst films of all time, that I happened to see with my Penpal in an actual theatre for my birthday, and I had no idea it was her in that, either. However, I have to admit at the time thinking that whoever that actress was looked darn fine in the gothic matador get-up.

No comments: