Saturday, July 09, 2005

Movin On

What a full day.

It started, as my Saturday's do now, at 1:30 in the morning. Following a full ten hours at work, I met MyAdoringPublic for lunch at Claddagh. MyAdoringPublic was already sitting at a great table out on the patio, a brilliant choice as there was a delectable breeze to mitigate the sunshine. We were meeting to celebrate our mutual one year anniversary as managers for our company, and to also celebrate the fact that starting on Monday, I will be working with my old crew at the “new” location, which opened in April (as Faithful Readers will recall). A black and tan and an enormous plate of fish and chips (and I had requested a HALF ORDER – beware! You get a huge amount of food!) made for a lovely meal.

Following our lunch, we went back to my store so that MyAdoringPublic could visit with the staff, and I had a few things to wrap up myself. Then I was off to purchase tickets to a concert for next Saturday, in which a foursome of ladies will be celebrating two birthdays. It should be a riot.

Then, I was off to meet my newly-single friend at the local Arts Festival. I have not been to the festival in about 10 years, but I had always looked forward to spending a leisurely afternoon strolling about and gazing at art. I found a pretty good parking space, up the hill and one residential street away from the park entrance. As I was walking down the hill, I passed a young entrepreneur selling lemonade. And you know, a refreshing lemonade was exactly what I needed to make my walk more pleasant. And just so you know, the red cup is $1, and the blue cup is 50 cents. And the young man was quite accommodating about filling the cup to the top with ice for me. And he was saving up for a toy. "Which toy?" I asked. "Depends how much money I make." What a healthy attitude.

It was about 5 by the time we arrived at the festival and used our cellphones to triangulate a rendezvous- I knew they would be handy for something someday - and I am glad we didn't attempt to get there any earlier...the sun was still devilishly bright, but the evening was cooling down nicely. While we had a lovely time strolling about, it was getting on 7 pm, and I needed some energy. A surprisngly good cup of coffee and a Dove bar enabled me to make the one hour drive home, where I read a few pages of my current book, and slipped into a dream.

No comments: