Thursday, July 28, 2005

Last of the Summer Films

In keeping with my impromptu aquatic theme for the summer, I got Wes Anderson's The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou. It had many things to recommend it: a story about a faux Cousteau searching for the elusive jaguar shark that killed his friend. Perfect subject for the film festival. And bonus points for Anjelica Huston. And the oddly attractive Jeff Goldblum.

My decision is that I have enough information on hand to say that I truly dislike Wes Anderson films, although at least I sat through to the end of this one, unlike the unbearable Royal Tenenbaums.

Not even Anjelica saved this one for me. It was tedious and I wanted those hours of my life refunded. But since that can't happen, I was amused by this little tale of missed product placement about the Zissou Adidas.

No comments: