Friday, July 08, 2005

More Things I Don't Know Too Much About

Trying to expand my knowledge this summer, I picked up Jane Smiley's A Year at the Races: Reflections on Horses, Humans, Love, Money, and Luck, because though I like watching horseraces, I really know nothing about them.

This book follows the trials and tribulations of one of her horses, Hornblower, (who tells a horse psychic that he wants to be called Wowie...more on that) as well as being of memoir of the author's love affair with horses in general. I was never bitten by the horse-love bug as a child, but my best friend at the time, Jodi, LOVED horses...so that was my frame of reference.

I enjoyed this little peak into an unknown world, but seriously, the horse psychic part was truly unsettling. But I suppose it makes a better book when your main character can express himself...

No comments: