Monday, July 11, 2005

Take Big Bites

There are few items in the world I covet, but one of them may well be my Penpal's hand-written postcard of encouragement from Linda Ellerbee. We have both been long-time fans of Ms. Ellerbee, and read both of her previous books. So when I walked into the bookstore and saw her smiling face on the book jacket, I immediately picked it up.

I was little scared reading this at first, because she didn't "hook me"..and really it wasn't until the chapter "Nadia's room - Santorini 2002" that she hit her stride. But then she hits it out of the park. That chapter alone really was worth reading. It made me look up where she stayed when she was writing the book, and after looking at the pictures, I can see how some beautiful work got done there - it is exquisite. The final chapter, "The River of No Return - Thames England 2004" was also wonderful.

It was terrific to visit with her again, and I am looking forward to the novel she hinted at...

No comments: