Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back To The Grind

Scout and I had a nice morning together before we had to get on up to the airport.

Dropping her off has quickly become one of my least favorite activities. BUt we said our goodbyes and I drove off to work, and just about the time I arrived, Scout phoned with the news that the flight was overbooked and it looked like she might be staying overnight, plus getting a free round trip ticket, which would be very useful to us. I was pretty excited and hopeful. Who wouldn't want one more night? (Cue Phil Collins, a phrase I thought I would never utter)

Well, it was not to be. She made the flight and the updates of her getting further away and finally home to San Diego are not nearly as fun to receive as when she is coming east.

It is amazing how quickly you can acclimate to someone being around. And when I got home at 3 am and opened the front door, I caught a trapped whiff of her perfume, and I felt her absence acutely.

No comments: