Monday, January 09, 2006

Ten Best Books I Read In 2005

And here is the list for this year. My only trouble was in ranking them, because it seems that this year, almost every book I read was good...

1. History of Love by Nicole Krauss
2. A Short History Of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (now I want the illustrated version!)
3. Guitar: An American Life by Tim Brookes
4. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
5. Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell (+ Partly Cloudy Patriot and Take The Cannoli as I read all three sequentially but I liked Vacation best)
6. The Trouble With Poetry and Other Poems by Billy Collins
7. Death And The Sun by Edward Lewine
8. Bushworld by Maureen Dowd
9. Take Big Bites by Linda Ellerbee
10. The Volcano Lover by Susan Sontag

Odd how three out of the top four books of the year have history in the title...

No comments: