Thursday, January 05, 2006

First News About Snakes For 2006!

Well, it looks like Burmese pythons have given up their brief flirtation with the headlines. It's been some time now since I've read anything about pythons devouring alligators or house cats, and I must say, I think that has made me a wee bit morose.

Never fear, this just in from CNN...

A two-headed albino rat snake is going up for sale on eBay, for the low, low reserve of $150,000.

"We expect the sale of We to be on the same level of demand as a priceless art object."

Uh-huh.

Two things (one for each head!) about the article need to be discussed:

First, the current owners named the snake "We". Insulting and stupid. Let's think a moment...come on. They could have done better. My choice would have been "Ettin."

Feel free to leave your suggestions.

Now, the second thing.

CNN is featuring a poll about this subject, asking if you had a spare $150,000 would you:

A. buy a two headed snake
B. pay off debts
C. squander it

Seems to me that A & C are redundant. (For the record 86% of respondants are paying off their debts.)

However, the saving grace of this story is that the current owner has chosen NOT to eat the snake.

Speaking of that, it seems that two headed snakes are not as rare as one might suppose (I KNOW!). And life could be pretty hard for the fellow...

"Snakes operate a good deal by smell, if one head catches the scent of prey on the other's head, it will attack and try to swallow its second head. "

Now THAT is the picture I am waiting for. Get on it, Blog Folk.

No comments: