Thursday, January 26, 2006

Meet The Bloggers

Hollywood Stafford invited me to a gathering of local bloggers this evening. It was held at Pearl of the Orient in Rocky River.

First, a minute to talk about that. I've never been to Rocky River, and I am really looking forward to spending some time there. It has a great feel to it, and it is a charming and lovely place. What a cool discovery.

So, Hollywood and I had a glass of wine, served by celebrity blogger bartenders - one looking dashing in his kilt - and some nice appetizers and hobnobbed with the locals. A politician even dropped by the meet us, and I was sent off with the CD Unilluminated by the band Word Of Mouth. More detail about that will be showing up here on a future Tuesday...

It was a very nice night, and very nice to meet the folks behind the blogs. And contrary to the pre-conceived notions of some, this was not a room filled with geeks and nerds like a Star Trek convention. For the most part, bloggers seem to be a group of well-educated, well-dressed types who, by the nature of the endeavor, have a command over the language and can type, spell and read. This makes them a unique group, and I was pleased to be made to feel so welcome.

And by the way, Hollywood is a snappy dresser in real life, folks.

To close, a shameless steal from Scott:

And then in the End all the Sushi'd been eated
The drinks had been drink-ed
The Bloggers was Meeted.

1 comment:

scott bakalar said...

Thank you for a wonderful piece.

I am glad that you enjoyed your Rocky River experience and found it to be " a cool discovery"
It was indeed a pleasure serving you at the Pearl.

Your take on bloggers is one of the best (and most accurate) I have read to date. I only wish that some local Media folk might have your depth of understanding.

I also find myself, oddly, suddenly feeling a bit queasy about Tuesdays....

Thanks again for all of your support.