Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bad Dating Etiquette -or- The Perils Of Caller ID

I spent my DayOff being domestic - a little cleaning, a little goofing off - keeping with my firmly held belief of everything in moderation.

I even went out and got a haircut. And it turned out pretty good -just a little spiky, not too crazy.

DJ V dropped by for dinner. We had a terrific bottle of amarone, then I got to preparing a meal - jasmine rice, stir-fried Asian vegetables with Beijing sauce, and chicken shu mai. It was excellent, if I do say so myself. I like preparing that meal because I can show off my cherished set of Chinese dishes and chopsticks. It is ALL about set dressing, People.

While I was cooking, DJ V examined my music collection, and she is the only person who has discovered the secret of my collecting habits. She's got my number.

So, there we were, enjoying our meal and my phone rings. That in itself is odd, because only about five people have my home number. So, I go and investigate. I look at the Caller ID display. The call is identified as:

PRISON

Damn! I told Rocky never to call me at home! Having your prison pal call you at home while on a date is very bad form, indeed.

No comments: