Friday, June 16, 2006

It Is Summer And I Must Dine Outdoors, Continued

Well sure, I got home at 3 am and awoke with annoyingly itchy allergy eyes and a groggy noggin at 10:30, but you have to eat! And since I didn't have to be at work until the leisurely hour of 2, it looked like a good opportunity to meet DJ V.

Since her workplace is right smack in the middle of our fair bustling metropolis (work with what you got, People), it sounded like a swinging, cosmopolitan thing to do - a light lunch downtown, prerequisite - outside seating. And this time, I even let DJ V make the dining choice.

We went to a nearby cafe and I had a great salad - the fact that it was called the Seattle Salad was only about 60% of the reason that I ordered it. Good greens, really fresh, good chicken, plump currants, fresh, crumbly Gorgonzola and walnuts. Heaven.

AND - DJ V spotted Uma Thurman hanging out! Just incredible.

No comments: