Thursday, June 22, 2006

Offers Made And Accepted

So there I was, driving up to Cleveland to pick up DJ V when my phone rings. It is a number I did not
recognize, but for some reason, I decided to answer it. Turns out, it was my Regional Vice President, calling to offer me a job in Pittsburgh! A short conversation, but an exciting one - albeit tempered with concern regarding my current romantic situation.

Anyway, I fetched DJ V and we drove to Club Isabella. I had eaten there once before, about ten years ago, with ANOTHER DJ - an odd coincidence! This was the first time I had ever ridden with DJ V, and it was a glorious afternoon. The sun was shining, and DJ V was singing and I was smiling. A happy afternoon, indeed.

Even though it was rather humid out, DJ V indulged me and we ate outside, having the patio to ourselves as the other patrons were smarter and preferred air conditioning. I had the garlic tortellini with sausage, mushrooms and peas in aRomanoo cream sauce topped withAsiagoo and DJ V tried Levio's grilled cheese sandwich - a melted melange of Provolone, Cheddar, Swiss, and tomatoes.

When we returned to the parking garage, DJ V finally made good on her promise and rewarded me with a brief serenade of Wedding Bell Blues. It was worth waiting for, although I still want the full-on music video version...

We took the elevator down, and were surprised to see a bird also using the elevator. I tried to encourage him to fly and be free, even resorting to using a CD to scoop him up, but he made some very angry squawking noises, and so I let him be, riding up and down in the elevator all day.

Being a fine friend, DJ V made me an offer to stay at her house this evening, since it was supposed to be so dreadfully hot and humid - simply an offer of modern conveniences and nothing more.

And I fell for it.

No comments: