Thursday, June 29, 2006

Eating Outdoors, Interrupted By Inconvenient Periods Of Work

So there I was, sitting at home, minding my own business and taking care of said business when my phone rings. It is DJ V. (Surprising, I know.)

Have you been outside yet? It’s beautiful! Why aren’t we eating outside?

Well, I obviously had no good answer for that, so I jumped in the SexyCorolla and drove on up to take DJ V to lunch. In my haste, I left without folding money or change, so that meant it was going to be difficult to park once I got to town. The good thing about being such a frequent visitor by now is that I am good friends with the parking lot guy, and he let me park after I promised to return in five minutes with money borrowed from the folding money-rich DJ V. Yes, he actually trusted me. As did DJ V.

So, off we went to eat outside. I thought that Seattle salad needed to be revisited, and it was still great (once I actually got it, as they tried to pass off some concoction with mandarin oranges on me). And then I was off to work.

DJ V came to see me for dinner, and we walked down to the bookstore and had my new favorite
obsession, the Classic Javanilla Shake (bittersweet chocolate and espresso blended with real ice cream and advertised as the World's Best Coffee Milkshake, which is why I had to try it - they are right) which is from Seattle's Best Coffee (it's not, Starbuck's is) but it made a nice circle of Seattle dining today. We enjoyed our beverages outdoors and had a really good conversation about real things.

DJ V went home to do chores (laundry) and I returned to work.

Let me tell you, nothing beats coming home at 3 in the morning to find someone there waiting for you on the couch, and a beautiful note to boot…

No comments: