Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Laughter In The Rain

Strolling along city roads with my baby, it starts to rain

an afternoonwalk down to Tower City for lunch in a light Seattle-esque rain, sharing an umbrella…not bad at all.

DJ V lured me down this way with the promise of Starbuck’s, but when we arrived at Tower City, I saw the sign for the Hardrock Café. I had no idea that there was one in Cleveland, and so the lunch plans were made.

The service verges on non-existent, be forewarned. I had a barbequed burger and fries, which was filling and messy. We decided that one waiter was the guitarist from Aerosmith, whose name we were just not able to come up with, but we were pretty sure it was a guy named Joe. As for the waitress, we could totally picture her, outside of work in her full-on Bettie Page get-up. We both could envision her 50’s swingers apartment.
Good times.

I then had to get home, as Zeke NewBuffalo was going to drop by. We drank a lot of coffee, and talked without the pressure of time, for once, and ZNB indulged me by viewing my films. Her favorite was my French Experimental attempt. It was great fun, and I look forward to future visits.

No comments: