Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Cher For The Defense

Zeke New Buffalo told me something rather disturbing the other day. She said that she heard Cher was a proponent of our current war. I found that rather difficult to believe.

So, it was with glee that I read this story this morning.

Cher, who opposes the war in Iraq but supports the troops, is using her celebrity to promote effective helmets for U.S. soldiers.

Then she goes on with this foolishly optimistic, almost oxymoronic statement:

It just makes you feel like this is the right thing to do. This is the American thing to do.

As if she were eavesdropping on my conversation, she continues:

It makes me angry when people say that if you're not for the war, you don't support the troops. And I'm not for the war. And I really support the troops.

Cher has donated more than $130,000 to the group Operation Helmet, which pays about $100 to modify the inside of soldiers' helmets to make them better able to absorb shock from a bomb blast.

Yes, I can believe again.

No comments: