Friday, March 18, 2005

Back and Forth

Today I got up at 7 am, which was really a luxurious sleeping-in feeling. Ran down to Starbuck's and got to the library at 8. I did a lot of research and had a great time, and as I was getting ready to leave, and burn my data CD of the research I had spent 3 hours compiling, the terminal crashed. Somehow I was in a very Zen place and just accepted my fate. Three hours of fun and learning, but nothing to show for it.

Driving home, H__ called and suggested that if I lived in Cleveland we could go out for dinner after she finished her chores today. I suggested that we could anyway - I mean, what better way to spend your day off than making the same one hour commute you make every other day, right?

We went to Tommy's for broccoli risso, a fancy broccoli cheese soup with rice served with pita, and then we split a coffee milkshake. The best parts of the evening were walking into her living room and hearing Julia Fordham singing. The second best part was the tour she took me on of where she was born, where she grew up and where her grandparents lived...all in the same neighborhood. Having spent so much of my life being transient, it what really cool hanging out with someone with roots.

No comments: