Tuesday, March 29, 2005

New Music Tuesday - Matt's Mood featuring Basia

Strange how things happen. One of my co-workers got a haircut, and it turns out now she looks just like Basia. As she is too young to know who Basia is (was?) I brought in a CD for her to make a comparison.

Really, other than when I wrote about her concert in regards to my Ottmar Liebert review awhile back, I can't remember when I last thought of Basia. Then, I see an ad that Basia is performing at Playhouse Square in April.

And now here is a CD! I picked this one up skeptically, thinking it would be mostly Matt Bianco, but much to my surprise and delight, several of the songs are Basian tour-de-forces, most notably the outstanding Brazilian-flavored La Luna. The CD is very jazzy, with a very healthy dose of Brazilian sensibilities thrown in for good measure. It is not very often that I really like 4 songs on a CD on the very first listen (in particular Ordinary Day and Say the Words), so this CD gets very high marks, indeed.

I would highly recommend getting acquainted, or re-acquainted, with this great singer.

No comments: