Sunday, March 06, 2005

In My Dreams

I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams. My head hits the pillow, and I pass out until the alarm awakens me - no tossing and turning, no getting up for water or bathroom breaks. Just a deep, black, unconsciousness.

This morning I got to sleep in rather late (8 am) and lo and behold, I distinctly remembered what I was dreaming...

I was in a national park/zoo sort of thing on the Oregon-California border, or maybe Washington state. I was standing on an asphalt ledge in front of soaring glass windows that looked out into a deep, heavily forested gorge. An eagle soared by. Rocky ravine walls were on the right, and there was a old, gnarled tree jutting out from the rock, with a large animal, whose habitat this obviously was, sitting in the crook of the tree. Down below, another one of the animals was walking by the river's edge. I stood there watching them for awhile, thinking how beautiful it was there, and fascinated by the animals. Then I started thinking that it was sad that their habitat had been encroached upon for our benefit and I was turning to go back to my car when my alarm went off. It was a very naturalistic, realistic dream. Nothing weird struck me about it at all.

A few minutes later, in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, I thought...

"Hey, Sasquatch aren't real!"

I was dreaming about the Sasquatch National Zoo.

This would be the reason I don't remember my dreams. My conscious mind gets a hold of this stuff and just says "Oh, no...we gotta erase this foolishness..."

No comments: