Saturday, March 19, 2005

Unions

Hey, guess what? I had to be in Cleveland at 11 am today! H__ suggested I stay at her place, but I did not have the foresight to be prepared, shattering my dual image of boyscout and stage manager.

It was actually warm outside, and a lovely morning for a drive. I arrived a bit too early and found a tiny diner called Vickie's, which served up a nice two egg breakfast and coffee for $2.50. Ya just can't beat that.

It was then time to go church where MyFriendJason was about to get formally committed to his partner, Tony. A few of my coworkers were in attendance, dressed up and looking quite elegant, especially "My Adoring Public", Jaimie whom I do not believe I have ever seen in a skirt before.

The boys looked great and were very nervous before the ceremony. The ceremony itself was quite lovely. The best part was when my co-worker and extremely talented opera singing friend Annie played the piano and sang for the boys. Both of them were crying. It was truly moving.

Following the ceremony, we all headed into the Fireside Room, where coffee, cake and champagne awaited us. MyFriendJason had prepared the most exquisite cake - three layers high ringed with his hand-made white chocolate "cigarettes". Divine.

I wish them all of the best. They are off to a promising start.

No comments: